Your Support Allows Us To:
Craft and implement real-world solutions
Defend progress and challenge false claims
Raise awareness to help others envision an inclusive, clean energy future
Acadia Center’s work is funded through the generosity of individuals and foundations. We invite new donors to consider partnering in the effort to build clean, low carbon and consumer friendly economies. By supporting Acadia Center you form the core of a constituency that tells decision makers that Acadia Center is not only a group with bright ideas, but a family of informed and concerned voices that deserves attention.
For more than 10 years, Acadia Center has been ranked in the top 1% of charities on Charity Navigator, earning its highest 4-star rating for effectiveness in using revenue for program purposes. To learn more, please see the profile at Charity Navigator. In December 2016, Acadia Center was included on New York Magazine’s list of 28 (Particularly Timely) Charities to Give to This Holiday Season.
By Credit Card
Please send checks to:
PO Box 583
Rockport, ME 04856-0583
Increase the Impact of Your Donation
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs to match charitable contributions made by their employees. Gifts from retirees, spouses and board members may also qualify for a match. Ask your company if they will match your donation to Acadia Center.
All personal information provided to Acadia Center is treated as confidential and will not be sold, rented, or given to other entities. Acadia Center does not make payment of commissions, finder fees, percentages, bonuses, or overrides for fundraising or in relation to any public employee campaign.
Note: Acadia Center is the new name of ENE/Environment Northeast. Although our name and logo have changed, the staff, programs and commitment to results continues unchanged — as do our relationships with donors and track record of financial responsibility. Your tax deductible donations made on this official page will support the organization now doing business as Acadia Center as we enter this new and exciting phase of our organization’s commitment to addressing large scale challenges with high quality information and effective solutions.
Workplace Giving Campaigns
Acadia Center is a member of EarthShare New England
Another easy and effective way to support the work of Acadia Center is through workplace giving. Through our partnership with EarthShare New England, employees at hundreds of public and private organizations can donate through payroll contributions. EarthShare raises vital funding through environmental workplace giving campaigns nationwide on behalf of more than 600 local, national and international environmental and conservation nonprofit organizations. To donate to Acadia Center through EarthShare New England, you simply pledge an automatic payroll contribution from each paycheck that will help advance the clean energy future.
Giving as a Federal Employee
As a member of EarthShare, Acadia Center participates annually in the largest workplace giving campaign in the nation – the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) for employees of the federal government and the U.S. military. If you are a federal government or military employee and would like to give to Acadia Center through the CFC, please enter CFC code #33903 on your pledge card during the next fund drive.
Giving as Public Sector Employees
- State of Maine employees can donate to Acadia Center with MSECCA code #71658. Click here for more info.
- State of Rhode Island employees can donate to Acadia Center with RISECA code #3257. Click here for more info.
- University of Maine employees can donate to Acadia Center with CCAUE code #24341. Click here for more info.
Giving Through Your United Way Campaign
If your company offers United Way and EarthShare is not listed in your company’s annual giving campaign brochure, you may still donate to EarthShare and any of EarthShare’s member organizations by writing in a “donor choice” option. Please ask your campaign manager for more information. EarthShare runs successfully side-by-side with United Way in hundreds of campaigns across the country.
Please visit EarthShare’s website for more information about EarthShare’s member charities and to learn more about getting involved and making a difference in the health of our environment.To find out how you can help your company set up an EarthShare workplace giving campaign, please contact EarthShare directly at 800-875-3863 or by email.
Donors can recommend grants to Acadia Center through a Donor-Advised Fund (DAF).
What is a donor-advised fund?
A DAF provides donors with a centralized charitable giving vehicle. It allows philanthropically inclined individuals, families and corporations to make an irrevocable charitable gift to a public charity that sponsors a DAF program and take an immediate tax deduction. Most sponsoring organizations of DAFs accept cash equivalents, securities, and certain other assets. Donors then use their DAF to support qualified charitable organizations over time.
How does it work?
- Establish your Donor Advised Fund by making an irrevocable, tax-deductible donation to a public charity that sponsors a DAF program
- Advise the investment allocation of the donated assets (any investment growth is tax-free)
- Recommend grants to qualified public charities of your choice, like Acadia Center EIN# 01-0518193
Main Advantages of a Donor Advised Fund
- Simplicity – The DAF sponsor handles all record-keeping, disbursements, and tax receipts.
- Flexibility – Timing of your tax deduction can be separate from your charitable decision making.
- Tax-efficiency– Contributions are tax-deductible and any investment growth in the DAF is tax-free. It is also easy to donate long-term appreciated securities, eliminating capital gains taxes and allowing you to support multiple charities from one block of stock.
- Family legacy – A DAF is a powerful way to build or continue a tradition of family philanthropy.
- No start-up costs – There is no cost to establish a donor advised fund. However, there are often minimum initial charitable contributions to establish the DAF (typically $5,000 or more).**
- No transaction fees – Once approved, 100% of your recommended grant goes to your qualified public charity of choice.**
- Privacy if desired – Donors may choose to remain anonymous to the grant recipient.
** Sponsoring organizations generally assess an administrative fee on the assets in a DAF. These fees vary by the charity that sponsors a DAF Program.
If you have a DAF with Fidelity Charitable, Schwab Charitable & Greater Kansas Community Foundation, you can make your recommendation through DAF Direct.
Contact Acadia Center’s development staff by phone (207-236-6470) or email for assistance in arranging to transfer your gift of stock or other appreciated assets. We can provide you with the necessary DTC and account information and are happy to work directly with your broker, financial advisor or other representative to handle the details.
Acadia Center is one of the charitable organizations customers can choose to support while shopping at AmazonSmile. When you shop through AmazonSmile, Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of the eligible AmazonSmile purchases to your charity of choice.