Dear Climate Council and Working Group members,
We urge you to adopt a bold, new Climate Action Plan that will strengthen Maine’s economy, reduce air pollution, and build healthy, equitable communities.
In order to reduce carbon pollution by at least 80% before 2050, we urge you to support concrete action steps that:
- Expand local renewable energy projects and create new, long-lasting clean energy jobs for Maine workers;
- Deliver safe, clean, and affordable transportation options for moving people and goods throughout the state;
- Increase the energy efficiency of homes and businesses;
- Give Maine people, communities, and resource-based industries like farming, forestry, and fishing the tools to become more resilient and promote solutions that will reduce carbon pollution; and
- Ensure equity by providing solutions that are fair and accessible to all.
A strong and effective Climate Action Plan that lays out a roadmap to a clean energy economy is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to build a better future for Maine people.