In an effort to raise awareness of the health, economic and climate benefits of an equitable clean energy future for the state, a number of top environmental agencies and advocates announced Tuesday they are launching the Clean Energy Action Now campaign.
The campaign, which will be known as CLEAN, aims to support the urgent adoption of policies that encourage and accelerate clean energy solutions, such as establishing a state target in law of 100% clean electricity by 2035. It also will work toward finding an equitable, affordable pathway to upgrade New Jersey’s homes and buildings to clean energy and highly efficient appliances such as heat pumps.
The following organizations are founding members of CLEAN:
- Acadia Center;
- Environmental Defense Fund;
- Natural Resources Defense Council;
- New Jersey Conservation Foundation;
- New Jersey League of Conservation Voters;
- ReThink Energy NJ;
- Sierra Club New Jersey Chapter;
- New Jersey Progressive Equitable Energy Coalition;
- MnM Consulting.
To read the full article from ROI-NJ, click here.